Introducing the new, hot out of the oven, moist and soft Sweet Muffins (S)! Loaded with protein, these are great for breakfast or a snack! I’m thinkin’ they may even deserve a little cream cheese icing now and then for a fun dessert option too. ♥
Cream Cheese Icing:
2oz Cream Cheese, Softened
1 TBS Truvia
1 TBS Heavy Cream
1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Mix together, The End.
Don’t forget to check out best prices of ingredients and where I buy them over here! I think one of the secret ingredients in these golden-brown beauties is the greek yogurt. I’m pretty sure it lends aid to a moist texture. When I’m in experimental baking mode, I’ve also found that too much almond flour can cause a course and dry muffin. Not fun for my picky palate. Just some thoughts as you’re baking at home!
If you don’t have the sweeteners I used, here is an awesome THM Sweetener Conversion Chart! Great every-day-tool. 🙂
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ½ tsp. Caramel Extract
- 2 TBS Salted Butter, Softened
- ½ Cup + 2 TBS Almond Flour (I use Honeyville)
- 1 Scoop (1/4 Cup) Swanson’s Whey Protein Powder
- ⅓ Cup Truvia
- 2-3 Tiny Scoops of Now Better Stevia Extract Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- Mix all wet ingredients with hand-held mixer. Add dry ingredients, blend well.
- Grease muffin tin or use muffin liners.
- Bake 300 for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and set.