Y’all, watch out. This recipe will definitely want to make you slap your mama. Mom, stay back!! This morning I was introduced to a Delectable Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal recipe! As soon as it popped up on my Facebook feed yesterday, I ran to the kitchen and whipped it up in no time. Theeeen I had to wait. Overnight. But boy was it worth waiting for!! It’s so creamy and full of protein! Incredibly satisfying along side my hot cup o joe.
Here is my version! I changed it up quite a bit to fit either E OR S.
- 1 Cup Sliced Strawberries (I use frozen and thaw them in the microwave, then mash.)
- ¼ Cup Oats
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Finely Shredded Coconut Flakes
- ¼ Cup Swansons Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ½ Cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ to ¾ Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 6 Packets Truvia
- Dash of Salt
- Mash strawberries.
- Dump all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. I like to do the dry ingredients first, then wet, but it doesn't really matter as long as you mix it well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. If you're dying to eat some and can't wait until tomorrow, wait at least an hour, then the oats should be slightly soft.
- Makes about 2-3 cups. You can eat it hot or cold!
- If you're not a big fan of a more liquid type of oatmeal texture, try putting less Almond Milk!