Trial and error…more error than anything else to say the least!! However, now I can officially call myself, Mrs. Alton Brown (I may have finally figured out the science behind all of this). I am happy to share with you my now very craveable, mouthwatering skinny chocolate!
Please note: This recipe calls for mostly Xylitol as the main sweetener. If you have never used Xylitol, then I would suggest you starting with my Milk Chocolate Recipe or Skinny Chocolate II which uses more diversified sweeteners. Too much Xylitol can sometimes hurt your tummy. I would also advise checking out Jen’s Chocolate Mistakes if this is your first time to make this!
This is what the coconut oil and ground Xylitol mixed should look like. Foggy is Ok.
Adding the 100% Cocoa Powder.
Whisked together nicely and it’s very much in a liquid state! Yay! FINALLY!
- 8 TBS Xylitol, Ground in Coffee Grinder
- 4 Tiny Scoops of Now Better Stevia Extract Powder
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup 100% Cocoa Powder
- Grind 4 Tablespoons of Xylitol in a coffee grinder. Let it set (if you open the coffee grinder right away, it “smokes”. Haha☺)
- Put Coconut Oil in a mixing bowl and whisk until mostly liquid. It’s OK if there are a few little clumps still. If your coconut oil is solid, for this particular recipe, PLEASE DO NOT put it in the microwave or stove top. If you do, then you need to let it sit by itself until it becomes room temperature. Because I’ve messed this up so many times, the best way for me to make it liquid is to either mix/whisk it by hand in a bowl, or use the heat friction from electric mixers.
- Once liquid, mix in the 4 TBS of ground Xylitol and Stevia with a whisk.
- Grind the next 4 TBS of Xylitol, then whisk into the coconut oil.
- Whisk in cocoa powder.
- Pour in mini baking cups or molds and freeze for about 30 min - 1 hr
- Store in fridge.
How Jen Saves (Best Prices):
Better Body Organic Coconut Extra Virgin Oil (USDA Organic, Cold-Pressed and Unrefined) 28oz: Sam’s Club for $8.68
Hershey’s Baking Cocoa (23oz) 100% Natural (no sugar): Sam’s Club for $6.78