Perfect for parties, your guests won’t even be able to tell that these little cheesy savory beauties are gluten free and low carb!! They will be gone in minutes! At least, they’re gone in minutes at my house! We love waking up to the smell of cheesy sausage balls so they are quick and easy for a Saturday morning breakfast too!
Start out by mixing all the dry ingredients in a very large bowl. I noticed that most gluten-free sausage ball recipes call for around 2 cups of almond flour. I really didn’t think it was necessary to use that much so I played around with different ideas and found that 3/4 cup of almond flour plus 1/4 cup of coconut flour = *perfection* (don’t worry, no coconut flavor at all in the balls)! With this combo, they don’t taste too “grainy”. My goal was to showcase the sharp cheese and salty sausage as the center stage prodigy.
Next whisk egg in a small bowl and add egg, melted butter and sausage to the dry ingredients. Get your hands dirty and mix well!
ENJOY warm or room temp!
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded or powdered)
- 2 ½ - 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 TBS Butter, Melted
- 16oz (1lb) Sausage (I use Jennie-o Mild Turkey Breakfast Sausage, Lean)
- Mix dry ingredients in a very large bowl.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl.
- Add whisked eggs, melted butter and sausage to dry ingredients.
- Mix well using hands.
- Roll into small 1” balls and place on parchment paper on pan.
- Bake 350 for 10 minutes, then gently turn balls over and bake another 7-10 minutes (cook time depends on size of sausage balls).