Chocolate Sauce Drizzle Idea #1
THANK YOU Gwen for inventing this magnificent milkshake! First time I tried it, I had to sit down. Almost shed a tear too. Lol! This was towards the beginning of my THM journey so I was elated to find out that these types of *milkshakes* were apart of the THM plan! Craziness. If you are a fan of the Samoa Girl Scout Cookie (like me…I’m actually more than just a fan. I’m like a stalker fan.) then warning, you will most likely either slap whoever is in the nearest vicinity or cry, as I did.
I’ve tweaked the drink to my liking to here is my version below. See Gwen’s amazing original recipe here! This is an “S” milkshake.
Don’t forget to check out my Chocolate Sauce recipe too!
- ¼ Cup Cottage Cheese (I use 1% or 2%)
- ¼ - ⅓ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1-2 TBS Half and Half or Heavy Cream (Optional)
- ¼ tsp. Caramel Extract
- 1 ½ Packets (1 ½ tsp.) Truvia
- ¼ to ½ Scoop Swansons Vanilla Protein Powder (Optional)
- 7-9 Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk Ice Cubes (I always keep these in my freezer at all times!)
- ½ to 1oz 85% Dark Chocolate (I love Lindt brand)
- Cookie Crumble (double recipe below if you want more cookie crumble):
- ½ tsp. Butter
- 1½ TBS Unsweetened Finely Shredded Coconut
- 1 to 2 tsp. Almond Flour
- 1 Packet Truvia
- 1/16 to ⅛ tsp. Maple Extract
- In a small pan, melt butter on low to medium heat.
- Add rest of cookie crumble ingredients and stir for a few minutes until golden brown. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn. Set aside.
- In blender, add cottage cheese, almond milk, half and half, caramel extract, Truvia and protein powder (optional). Blend on medium to high until smooth.
- Add cubes of frozen vanilla almond milk and blend. Taste and add a little extra Truvia if it’s not sweet enough for you.
- Next coarsely chop dark chocolate and add chocolate and cookie crumble. Pulse a few times.
- Pour and add chocolate sauce drizzle!
- ENJOY! Or cry, either one. 😉