Sitting at the computer, enjoying my afternoon creamy, metabolism boosting, energy giving, calorie burning, delicious milkshake! If you like chai lattes, it sorta tastes like a mix between that and a vanilla milkshake. I recently saw a post about Matcha Powder (green tea powder) from a fellow THMer and decided to give it a go. What sold me: it’s an energy booster without “the shakes” like caffeine sometimes gives us. Plus it has tons of other benefits. Check em out here!
So for this post, I’m compromising a wee bit. I know I’m all about saving pennies, however because the benefits of Matcha Powder are so incredible (saving our waste lines and energy!), I’m paying a little more out of pocket. And I’m ok with that! The brand I buy is called Sei Mee Tea and it’s 100% USDA Organic Matcha Powder, unlike many other brands of Matcha Powder out there, so watch out. I find the best deal is on Amazon, the 100g bag. Yeah, it’s a pretty small bag for what you’re paying, however you only use 1/4 tsp. per full glass so it should last a while!!
There are so many drink variations to try, but here’s my favorite way to use Matcha Powder! (And yes, you see correctly, there is a slightly green tint to the drink. 😉 But it’s so good!)
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ¼ Cup plus 1 TBS Cottage Cheese
- ¼ tsp. Matcha Powder (I use Matcha Green Tea for Modern Warriors Sei Mee Tea)
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla
- Dash of Salt
- 3 Packets Truvia
- 7 to 10 ice cubes of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (I freeze these on a regular basis for smoothies, milkshakes etc.!)
- Put everything in blender in order listed except ice cubes. Blend well.
- Add ice cubes and blend to desired consistency.