“How can a nation be great if their bread tastes like kleenex?” ~ Julia Child
She has a point. Bread certainly should not taste like kleenex. However a nation doesn’t stand a chance either if we’re all overweight and unhealthy. 😉 So let’s make a happy middle ground shall we?
The way I like to eat this bread so it doesn’t taste too “eggy” is to either toast it or pan fry it with some butter so it has more of a crunch to it. It’s really good as cheese toast with a fried egg on top. You can also make sandwiches with it. The bread doesn’t rise super high, so you will probably want to make 2 sandwiches in a meal setting (the slices are small, but definitely filling because of all the protein!). Hope you enjoy! Remember, you help contribute to our nation by baking and eating this bread…as long as you don’t think it tastes like kleenex. 😉
- 6 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Ground Flax
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Turn oven to 350
- Put eggs in large mixing bowl, mix with hand mixer
- Dump in all other ingredients and mix with mixer
- Grease regular sized (9x5) bread loaf pan with LOTS of butter OR use parchment paper and form it into the bread pan.
- Using a scraper, pour dough into loaf pan
- Bake 350 for 25 minutes or until golden brown and firm on top, don’t over bake though.
- Place on cooling rack until completely cooled
- Store in a ziplock bag in the fridge