This recipe is an all time favorite in our house. It’s so quick and easy and leftovers are just as tasty! THM approved, this would be considered an S. So go all out and indulge in the crazy yum Cauliflower and Cheese dish for an S side, then toss in a few green beans/sweet onions sautéed in olive oil!
Feel free to sing the McDonalds jingle as your taste buds mingle. “ba da ba ba ba. I’m lovin’ it.” Take that Mickey-D’s. You know that’s right.
Don’t forget to check out where I buy ingredients and best prices over here!
- ½ cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup flax
- ¼ cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Dash salt
- ⅓ – ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese plus some for top
- 1lb Ground Turkey (or Ground Beef is fine too! You will need to strain before mixing it in with other ingredients.)
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- Salt (about ½ - ¾ tsp.)
- 1 TBS Ketchup (sometimes I cheat and just use regular ketchup because it's only 1 TBS, so it doesn't matter as much. If you have the THM book however, there is a sugar free recipe that's pretty good too. It's on page 411. Haha:))
- ¾ tsp. Ground Mustard
- 2 Tbs. Mayo
- 2 Tbs. Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. White (Distilled) Vinegar
- About 1 to 2 tsp. Dill pickle juice
- Mix up crust and place in greased pie plate.
- Brown ground turkey and mix all filling ingredients together.
- Spoon filling over crust batter.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake 350 for 30-35 min. until cheese is bubbly.