Here’s the recipe! Betcha can’t just eat one;) For all you THMers, these are FULL of protein and guuuud fat. So they would be an S. Eat, enjoy & indulge in freedom.
*Muffins can be made ahead and reheated.
**You could also add chopped ham or slice in half and add chicken salad for a meal:)
How Jen Saves:
Almond Flour – Honeyville.com or Amazon.com (sign up for Honeyville emails and they will send you a coupon!)
Cottage Cheese – this is definitely something you can coupon for! Check printable coupon sites in my “About” section and look for deals at your local grocery store!
*Tip on cottage cheese…99% of the time, if it’s not opened yet, it lasts months longer than the expiration date.
Eggs – Sam’s Club (18ct)
Coconut Oil – I use Better Body Organic Coconut Extra Virgin Oil (USDA Organic, Cold-Pressed and Unrefined) 28oz it’s only $8.68 at Sam’s Club!
Butter – $2 per lb at Sam’s Club, but this is also something you can coupon for and watch weekly sales at grocery stores. These guys can be stored in the freezer for months on end.
Unsweetened Almond Milk – I use Silk and Almond Breeze brands. They go 2 for $5 at Publix and I find coupons for them either online or in the Sunday papers. They also have blinkie machines with coupons in stores sometimes near the product.
Cheddar Cheese – Sam’s Club has a huge bag of shredded cheddar that’s soooo much cheaper than buying it at a grocery store. I know it’s a lot of cheese, but if you’re a THMer like me, you will buy it and CONSUME it with no guilt! ;D You can also watch for BOGO (buy one get one free) deals at places like Publix or Winn Dixie or Kroger.
- 1½ Cup Blanched Honeyville Almond Flour
- 3 tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt (ONLY if your cottage cheese is unsalted)
- ¾ Cup Cottage Cheese (I use 1% fat)
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Oil (I like to use ⅓ Cup Melted Butter in place of coconut oil so they don't taste like coconut. You could also try half butter half coconut oil.)
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- AT LEAST 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded 😉
- ½ - 1 tsp. Garlic Powder (optional)
- ½ - 1 tsp. Parsley (optional)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, parsley and salt in large bowl and set aside. Mix the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, eggs, oil/butter and milk in another large bowl. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Spray 12 nonstick muffin cups with nonstick spray (I use olive oil in a spritzer). Fill each muffin cup ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Leave biscuits in muffin tin until cooled, then gently use a knife around the edges and wedge out each biscuit.